Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ad Analysis















Audience & Authorship
Authorship: This ad was made by Heineken International

Purpose: This ad was made to get the audience to purchase their beer. I believe the target audience are men like college students and older, to get them to have their fridge beer ready for occasions or personal enjoyment.

Economics: Heineken International I would think paid for this ad since its their best selling beer.

Impact: I would say anyone can benefit and be harmed by this ad. Everyone has the choice to do anything. I like seeing different types of ads I think it is pretty hilarious what companies will do to show their product.

Response: I wouldn't take any action toward this product because I am not of age to purchase it.

Messages & Meanings
Content: In my opinion when I see this I think of game night for guys or a party because...its a fridge full of beer.
*I say this message implies to have beer ready when you want it.
*This message doesn't show how much it would cost for a person to purchase that much.

Techniques: Not sure what specific technique is used but I think it tries to get the audience to remember great parties or other occasion with lots of beer consumption.

Interpretations: People I'm sure don't like Heineken and won't think much of it because they prefer a different beer.
* My interpretation for this is "wow" because I wouldn't ever do that when I have a fridge of my own. Too much space taken up and money.

Representations & Reality
Context: This was aired on TV in 2004 on shows like "Howard Stern","Married...With Children" , and "Blind Date."

Credibility: I would think its a fact that this is a good tasting lager beer since its one of the best selling in Europe.
*Credible towards the company for promoting it.
*The ad was about Heineken, which Heineken International paid for this all.

No comments:

Post a Comment